Guide Outdoors Monthly Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Guide Outdoors Monthly Giveaway begins at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 1st, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on December 31st, 2016 . Winner will be randomly drawn at the end of the year. Drawing will take place January 2nd, 2017. One (1) winner will be selected.
Contest Brief Overview:
Each time you share – be it a comment, photo, recipe, video or suggested local resource on our Guide Outdoors website – you’ll be entered in a drawing to win a $100 gift card at the end of the year (shares that are submitted from anyone under the age of 18 can only be submitted by their parents or legal guardians.) 1. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the terms and conditions described herein, any legal resident or citizen of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia who as of the date of his/her submission (i) resides in the one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and (ii) is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, may participate in the Giveaway as a “Contestant”. Please note: Anyone who has won a prize in a promotion sponsored by The Sportsman’s Guide®, Inc. in the 6 months prior to the start of this Contest, along with any such person’s immediate family or household members (as described below), is not eligible. A Contestant is sometimes referred to as “You” in these Official Rules. This Contest is valid in the 50 United States and in Washington, D.C. only. Individuals who are employees, officers or directors of The Sportsman’s Guide®, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners and parents, children and siblings and their spouses or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible to win. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply.
2. TO ENTER: You must submit a comment, photo, recipe, video or suggested local resource on the Guide Outdoors website to be entered into the drawing. Up to 10 entries per month per email address.
By entering, You (i) represent and warrant that (A) You own the copyright to the photograph, or (B) if You do not own the copyright, You have authority to submit such photograph as an Entry in the Contest and to grant the rights granted hereunder and (ii) fully and completely comply with these Official Rules, (iii) have permission from any other individuals shown in the photograph to submit such photograph and to grant the rights set forth in Section 7 below, and (iv) grant permission, without limitation, for Contest Administrator or its affiliates to display online or otherwise any photograph you entered in the Contest, as part of the Contest, and in Sponsor’s advertising and marketing, without notice or compensation to, or additional permission from, You (as more fully described in Section 7 below.)
Submission may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• Contains individuals under the age of 18, unless you are the parent or legal guardian of the minors in the photograph.
• Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, irresponsible use of firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that appear unsafe or harmful; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its product or services, other people or companies;
• Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, in a manner that infringes a trademark owner’s rights or that contain any personal identification without permission to the extent permission is necessary;
• Contains copyrighted materials owned by others without permission to the extent permission is necessary (including artwork, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media to the extent permission is necessary;
• Contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• Contains any personal identification, such as personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
• Violates any law.
Submission must be in English, the original work of the Contestant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
If the submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Contestant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Contestant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the share, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Contestant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting a share, Contestant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the share consent to the submission and use of the entry in the giveaway and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting Your share, You agree that your share conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify Your Entry for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that Your submission fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
3. PRIZES: 1 winner will be awarded a $100 gift card to Sportsman’s Guide. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $100.
Prizes and the redemption thereof are subject to terms and conditions specified by The Sportsman’s Guide®. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, or used in conjunction with any other competition or offer. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and or modify a prize with a prize of comparable or greater retail value. Only one (1) prize is permitted per person and per family or household. All taxes on prizes and all costs and expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize not specified in these Official Rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of winners. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding in all matters.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified on or around January 4, 2017 by e-mail. If Contest Administrator, using commercially reasonable efforts, is unable to contact a potential Winner within five (5) business days from the first contact attempt, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if a potential Prize Winner has not, or does not, comply with these Official Rules, then such potential Prize Winner shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion, a runner-up may be notified.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By participating in this Giveaway, You agree that You shall grant Sponsor and its licensees an non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to the reproduction and use of the Entry (including the photograph and all rights embodied therein) for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission from, or notification to, You, including, but not limited to, an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right, in any and all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, create derivative works or otherwise exploit Entries, including the names and likenesses embodied therein, for commercial or non-commercial use, including, but not limited to, in advertising produced by Sponsor. You further agree to execute any specific consent needed or requested by Sponsor or its licensees in furtherance of such use; not to use Entry for any commercial purposes, or for submission into any other contest for a period of two (2) years from end date of this Contest.
6. GRANT OF PUBLICITY: By participating in this Giveaway, You agree to permit Sponsor and its designees to use Your name, photograph, video, likeness, Entry, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter developed, in any manner, including but not limited to within Sponsor’s website, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or permission from, or notification to, You, and further agree to execute any specific consent needed or requested by Sponsor or its designees in furtherance of such use.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Giveaway, You agree: [a] to these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and Contest Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to the Contest; and [b] to release, waive, discharge, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Contest Administrator, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, partnership, members, principals, employees, agents, contractors or suppliers (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind arising out of or related to their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation or invasion of privacy.
Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of Entries ; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, garbled, misdirected or incomplete Entries or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the processing or judging of Entries, the tabulation of votes, the announcement of the prizes, the incorrect uploading of the photograph or in any Giveaway-related materials; or[c] any condition caused by events that may cause the Giveaway to be disrupted or corrupted. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Giveaway or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Giveaway or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway or any portion thereof should viruses, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Giveaway, and limit Entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion and, if terminated, to award the prizes from all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to such action taking place using the judging procedure set forth above.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Use of any device to automate entry or voting or to subvert the entry or voting process or to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such Entries/votes will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the Contestant has not complied with these Official Rules.
8. WINNERS LIST: To receive the winners’ names, available after January 4th, 2017, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received after January 4th, 2017, to: The Sportsman’s Guide® Inc., “Guide Outdoors Giveaway”, 411 Farwell Avenue, P.O. Box 239, South St. Paul, MN 55075-0239 for receipt no later than February 15, 2017.
9. GOVERNING LAW: The Giveaway and these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with Minnesota state law.
Sponsor: The Sportsman’s Guide®, Inc., 411 Farwell Avenue, South St. Paul, MN 55075-0239
© 2016 The Sportsman’s Guide®, Inc. All rights reserved.