Easy venison chili mac in 30 minutes? That’s what we call a weeknight win!
The CASTLECREEK Enameled Cast Iron 6.5-liter Dutch Oven works perfect for this recipe. It features an enamel coating that eliminates the need to season the cast iron and makes clean-up fast and easy!
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 15-oz can black beans
- 1 8-oz beef stock
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 3 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lb ( 16z oz box) cooked noodles
- 8-oz white cheddar cheese
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and green onions for topping
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside. Drizzle olive oil over noodles to prevent sticking.
- Add olive oil to a Dutch oven on medium heat. Add ground venison, salt, and pepper. Cook until browned.
- Add chopped onion and pepper and cook until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent.
- Add minced garlic to Dutch oven, and cook until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans, and beef stock to Dutch oven – cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add diced jalapeño, mustard, paprika to simmering chili. Stir well.
- Add cooked noodles to chili. Combine.
- Add both cheeses and stir until cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately – top with extra cheese, sour cream, green onions, and or anything you choose!