- 5 pounds of Venison, whole muscle meat, sliced “with” the grain!
- 1 teaspoon pink curing salt
- 4 oz. soy sauce
- 4 oz. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz molasses
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Dales Steak Seasoning liquid
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Pink Himalayan Sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla (not imitation!)
Liquid to soak wood chips in for smoker. I recommend that you never use just water.
- 1 cup Burnt Honey Bourbon
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 cup water
I like to cut the venison with the grain, no matter what cut of meat you use. This will make for a better, more chewable jerky. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large pot and heat until all sugar is melted. Cool down and add venison to the mixture and refrigerate for at least 72 hours.
If you have a smoker, use it and follow the recipe for the liquid to soak chips in and follow your smokers directions. If not, place venison on racks and turn the oven to 160 degrees. Before you place racks of venison in your oven, mix one ounce bourbon and one ounce pure vanilla and spray the venison. Cook in the oven for about 8 to 10 hours on 160.
Become your own butcher! Shop great deals on food processing equipment at Sportsman’s Guide.