Want to keep your treats all to yourself? These camouflage cookies blend right in!
- 2 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 c butter
- 1 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Green food coloring
- Brown icing dye (Found in specialty stores, or Walmart’s cake decorating aisle in arts and crafts)
- Black icing dye (Found in specialty stores, or Walmart’s cake decorating aisle in arts and crafts)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Stir (or cream with hand mixer) butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and combine. (You can also skip this step and add the dry ingredients straight to the wet ingredients.
- Portion dough into four equal sections – set one aside.
- In the first, make a well and add 12 drops of green food coloring.
- Knead dough until color is visible and vibrant throughout the ball.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 with the brown dye, and the black dye on the remaining two dough sections.
- To form cookies, pull a bit from each of the four dough balls and roll to combine in hand. The colors will not blend, so form whatever design you wish!
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy lift. Drop rounded cookies onto sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 4 minutes.