- 2 skinless liberty duck breasts
- 6 fresh jalapeno pepper slices
- 6 white onions slices
- 2 slices thinly sliced bacon, cut into thirds
For the Cajun Cream Cheese:
- 1/2 pound cream cheese (recommended: Philadelphia)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spices (2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons cayenne, 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
For the Zesty Italian Dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Cajun cream cheese: Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Italian zesty dressing: Whisk all the ingredients in a medium bowl until blended.
For the duck poppers: Slice each duck breast, horizontally, into 3 slices. Cover the slices with plastic wrap and lightly pound until thin. Put 1 jalapeno pepper slice, 1 onion slice and 1 tablespoon Cajun cream cheese on 1 end of each slice. Roll up and wrap in a piece of the bacon. Secure the roll with a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. Add them to the zesty Italian dressing and marinate for 2 hours.
Preheat a grill pan or grill over medium heat. Add the duck poppers and cook just until bacon is done.
Remove them from the grill, transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of HuntingInsider.com.