- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 walleye or tilapia fillets (about 6 oz each), each cut crosswise in half
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 4 whole-grain or rye sandwich buns, toasted
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
1. In shallow bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, seasoned salt and lemon-pepper seasoning.
2. In 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Coat fish fillets with flour mixture. Cook in oil 4- to 6 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
3. Spread tartar sauce on cut sides of toasted buns. Layer lettuce and fish fillets in buns
- Tips: You can buy preshredded lettuce in larger supermarkets.
- Be sure to have the buns and lettuce ready to go when the fish is done so you can serve the sandwiches while they’re warm.
Recipe courtesy of bettycrocker.com.