- 2 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine (from refrigerated section)
Salt and pepper tilapia to taste, then dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil in large frypan on medium high and saute tilapia for two minutes on each side.
- Remove fish from pan.
- Lower heat and saute onion and garlic in same pan just until soft.
- Add tomatoes to blender with onions, garlic, basil, and white wine.
- Add tomato sauce to frypan and add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Return fish to sauce and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in salted water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove fish to serving dishes.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce in frypan.
- Turn to coat several times with tongs.
- Serve linguine alongside tilapia.
Recipe courtesy of Marie at food.com.