- 6 (4 ounce) red snapper fillets (or any firm fleshed fish such as tilapia or cod)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces green chili sauce (just buy it canned)
- 3 ounces diced green chilies (just buy it canned)
- 1 lb monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (grated)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves (garnish)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Coat fillets with flour seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat butter in skillet and lightly saute fillets in butter til done and flaky.
4. Transfer fillets into individual casserole dishes or small oven-proof bowls.
5. Divide sauce and chilis among them evenly and then sprinkle cheese over each evenly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes till cheese is nice and melted.
7. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Note: Sometimes I put a layer of mexican rice or orzo flavored with some cumin in the bottom of the bowl before assembling.
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.