- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds thick catfish fillets, cut into large chunks
1. Blend the vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt, cayenne, coriander, cumin, and oil in a blender until you have a thick paste. Brush the fish chunks with the mixture to coat evenly and place in a shallow dish; pour the remaining marinade over the fish. Allow to marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven’s broiler. Arrange the marinated fish in a broiler-safe dish, reserving the marinade.
3. Broil the fish under the preheated broiler on the oven’s center rack for 10 minutes; turn the fish and brush with reserved marinade. Continue cooking until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 7 minutes more. Serve hot.
Total cooking time 4 hours, 27 minutes and serves 6.
(Recipe or Photo submitted by Rina H.)
(Photo provided by www.Allrecipes.com)